Kia EV9 no response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Cheerios

Reaction score
So strange things have been happening with my EV9 lately. Last week, as we were about to hit the city, the gas pedal went completely dead! So I decided to use our other car because we don't want any further problems on the road. Then yesterday, I got in, everything fired up normally, but the car wouldn't shift into gear! I tried turning it on and off several times, as well as adjusting the gear shifter, but nothing happened. I gave it a break for about an hour before getting back in, and it worked perfectly again. I'm seriously confused as to what's going on because I haven't changed anything. Has anyone else had this happen?

I've had a similar issue with my EV6 where it wouldn't shift at all. What worked for me was to turn it completely off and wait a few minutes before restarting.

Have you checked for any diagnostic trouble codes?

So strange things have been happening with my EV9 lately. Last week, as we were about to hit the city, the gas pedal went completely dead! So I decided to use our other car because we don't want any further problems on the road. Then yesterday, I got in, everything fired up normally, but the car wouldn't shift into gear! I tried turning it on and off several times, as well as adjusting the gear shifter, but nothing happened. I gave it a break for about an hour before getting back in, and it worked perfectly again. I'm seriously confused as to what's going on because I haven't changed anything. Has anyone else had this happen?
This happened to me too. I think it might be a security feature. What I did was I just turned off my EV9 completely, waited a few minutes for everything to shut down, and then restarted it. It worked normally after.

This issue has been popping out of nowhere, did somebody send an email to Kia regarding this? I have been experiencing this issue and it's getting on my nerves. Will take this down to the dealership and make sure this gets fixed or someone will explain why this keeps on happening.

Try to check with your local dealer, don't wait for the second time to cause you trouble. Think always about your safety and peace of mind anywhere you go.

Thanks guys. It worked. But I'm just worried why the heck did that happen. I'm scheduling a visit to my dealer to have this checked.

Join the KIA EV9 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back